Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's hard to say what it is I see in you...

Sister Hazel performing at Exit/In

Lead Singer, Ken Block

Both photos courtesy of my fantastic boyfriend, Kris Steer.
Look him up, he's very talented!

I was fortunate enough to be invited to attend the Sister Hazel show at Exit/In last night. It was an absolutely fantastic show.  I must admit that I don’t know a lot of their music. When Kris initially told me about the show, I of course began singing the chorus to “All for You” in my very off-tune and untalented manner, but I’m not really familiar with much of their other music.

This will certainly be changing. The band had so much energy and so many great songs to perform, some of which were new songs. I was impressed with their talent and enthusiasm. It was a great performance – one that will surely not be forgotten!

I’ve recently learned how much the world is full of talented people. Living in Nashville tends to do this to you, as you see people at hole-in-the-wall music venues who are extremely talented and are waiting, just hoping to be discovered.  It’s sad to me that some of the best talent goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

This extends far beyond the music scene. It extends to everything. Every day, people do amazing things, from saving a life, keeping the streets safe, or teaching a child how to read. These simple things should be acknowledged more often. After all, it’s the simple things in life that really matter the most.

My so-called “life-philosophy” has always been to love others. I think the most important thing we can do in our lives is positively influence others – by loving them, respecting them, listening to them, teaching them. The development of loving and trusting relationships (in any form – family, friend, significant other, etc.) is essential to leading a fulfilling, meaningful life.

This is part of the reason why I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I want to share my experiences and the lessons I’ve learned with others. I want to help others, and the best way I know how to do that is to write.

Take care,
--Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment